More than 30 million people have been diagnosed with a heart condition, including heart disease, heart failure, a heart attack, or a stroke. Millions more are diagnosed every year.
The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Talking with Your Cardiologist, Dr. Curtis Mark Rimmerman, part of the award-winning Cardiovascular Medicine Department at Cleveland Clinic, presents newly diagnosed patients with the most authoritative information to help them take charge of their heart health. This important resource gives readers cuttingedge medical guidance, including:
- How to choose a cardiologist
- What to ask during visits
- What you should know about diagnostic testing, treatments, and medications
- Clear explanations of the newest studies
- Personal stories of those who have triumphed over a heart condition
- Fast facts and red-flag sidebars
- Plus, advice on how to make the necessary lifestyle choices to live an active and healthy life
For the past 14 years, U.S. News & World Report named the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center the number-one heart center in America. Its pioneering doctors developed cardiac angiography and the coronary artery bypass.